An innovative approach, Windhorse addresses much of what is overlooked
in traditional and institutional mental healthcare.
Our clients receive:
We know you have treatment options, and making the decision can be difficult.
Terms used to describe Windhorse have become ubiquitous in today’s culture: “mindfulness,” “community-based,” “team-based,” “relational,” “individualized,” “alternative.”
What do these words really mean? How do you choose between so many different programs?
We encourage you to dig deeper and ask specific questions to learn about what makes a treatment program unique and exceptional. Depending on the program, they may not necessarily look like what you’d imagine in practice.
When you do, ask the following questions:
- What does individualized care really look like?
- How is a program alternative?
- What is a compassionate, relational approach to care?
- Is the program truly integrated—do clients live in and interact with the larger community?
- How much one-on-one time do I have with staff?
- What does a treatment day or week look like?
- What does transition to a lower level of support look and feel like?